Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sister Sunday

Today was nothing short of phenomenal. My three daughters were not only well-behaved, not only fun to be around, but had fun TOGETHER. At Mass this morning, after communion while we were all kneeling and praying, I saw Ava and Jocelyn spontaneously hug each other, then kneel and pray together. I can't even describe the incredible feeling of love and pride I felt. Once we got home all three girls played well together. They played school, colored, shared Barbies and Ponies without any argument. We had a picnic lunch in the basement while watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang together. I really and truly think I went the ENTIRE day without breaking up a single fight or spat. It was amazing. My greatest struggle? Being content to savor today. It is so very hard to see these moments and not think, Why couldn't they be like this all the time?? I ask God's help tonight to turn my greed to gratitude. Rather than wish for more, I will be so very thankful I got to share this wonderful day with my children, cherishing the wonderful and loving girls they are becoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment