Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Fun House

The weather was BEAUTIFUL today. It was a little chilly this morning, but warmed up this afternoon so the kids were outside running around. I had to run an errand with Molly while Ben worked on the yard and Ava and Jocelyn played with the neighbors. As I pulled up to our street coming home, I saw about 8 or 9 kids running in our front yard, with two moms sitting in lawn chairs in my driveway. It was an unexpected but nice sight. I never really had neighbor-friends growing up. In Florida our houses were pretty far apart and we were so young that we had to drive to play with people in our neighborhood. Then in Texas I played with one of my neighbors, but there wasn't really anyone else who played with us and after a year or so we grew apart and didn't hang out as much. We were never the house that everyone hung out at, and that was fine. I always knew my friends were welcome in my home, the occasions just didn't seem to occur very often. I never really expected our house to be "that house" for our kids, but if that turns out to be the case I think it will be a little crazy and a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment