Sunday, September 16, 2012

Chicka Chicka

It was just before bedtime. I was sitting in the rocking chair in Molly's room, waiting for her to come in. Ava passed by the door, saw me, and came in. She asked me to read her the book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. We had opened the book and were about to start when Molly ran into the room and immediately began climbing her way into my lap. As there was not enough room in the chair, we moved to the floor, and I proceeded to read Chicka Chicka Boom Boom to what ended up being all 3 kids (Jocelyn joined us about halfway through the book). I read to my kids all the time, but most often I'm only reading to one child at a time. It is rare that all three are in a mood to listen to the same story. It was a very calm and sweet way to end my day and weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment