Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Hearts Grown Fonder

I had not anticipated just how tough the start of school would be on my younger children. I expected there to be a transition for Ava, and next week Jocelyn, to the change in routine from the summer to being in school. But the last two days have maybe been hardest for Molly. This morning after we dropped Ava off, Jocelyn looked at me and said, "Mommy, I'm not sad for Ava anymore." I was so glad that she was recovering from missing her big sister so quickly. Molly, on the other hand, asked for Ava no less than 8 times while she was at school. Every so often I would randomly hear, "Eeva? Eeva?" (That would be how Molly pronounces Ava's name.)

When Ava got into the car after school, Molly was over-the-moon excited. Ava was finishing up an apple she had in her lunchbox, so as soon as we got home Molly was frantically obsessing about having an apple too. I got one out and cut it up, and Molly sat next to her big sister at the kitchen table and shared in afternoon snack time. The look of joy and love on Molly's face is one I will not soon forget. She was just so glad to be spending that time with her big sister who she had missed so much all day long. Later this evening all 3 girls were playing together - no real fights or issues, just fun. My girls are incredibly close, but over the summer I think they almost saw too much of each other. Having Ava gone most of the day seems to make the time she's home all the more precious. The love of these sisters is truly a special one.

No comments:

Post a Comment