Thursday, September 13, 2012

True Friendship

Today I had one of those moments where I appreciated friendship at its finest. We were originally supposed to go out and do something with Sharon, Isaac, and Avery. Then, as often happens, we had to avert to a Plan B. Due to scheduling conflicts I had to go to the commissary this morning. We didn't want to miss each other entirely, so the Halls met us at our house for an hour or two of playing and lunch. I realized about halfway through my commissary trip that my house was an absolute PIT. There were clothes that had to be taken down to the laundry room, toys strewn all over the house, and dishes that had not been washed since my dishwasher was full of clean dishes and had not been unloaded yet. Bottom line: I apologized profusely when they first entered the house, but knew deep down that I was not being judged for the sad state of my house. I am blessed to have friends that accept me despite my inability to maintain my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment