Thursday, September 20, 2012

Bare Minimum

Today has been one of those not-so-rosy days. I am sitting here just in a FUNK. Ava was throwing attitude around like nobody's business today. From the moment we picked her up after school, she managed to smile and give hugs as soon as she came out of the school but after that it was frowns and growls at every question or comment directed at her. Jocelyn had herself a few Category 5 tantrums this afternoon, and about really "important" stuff too: one because I wouldn't give her a granola bar 30 minutes before dinner, and another for something I don't even remember anymore. And Molly? She wasn't too bad, but seems to be having listening issues these days that are really wearing on my nerves. Add to that frustrating neighbors and Internet issues, and I am just not in the mood to look on the bright side of anything tonight. There was no real shining moment, no highlight to the day that will make the rest of the crap more bearable. I go to bed tonight just thankful to God for the health and safety of my family. At the end of the day that's what really matters - a family who is healthy, safe, and happy. I guess, at least for today, 2 out of 3 ain't bad. And tomorrow will be a new day with the possibility of being better than today. Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment