Sunday, September 23, 2012

Saved by the Foleys

Today was LONG. We started out with Mass, where the girls actually behaved really well. However, it seems God chose to show off his sense of humor by turning my children into demons as soon as we got home. It was another one of those days in which Ben was hours away on his Navy reserve weekend so I knew there was no relief in sight. So in complete desperation for my children's well being and my own sanity, I called my friend Amanda. She commiserated enough to invite us over after naps for a little playtime and dinner. It was not anything spectacular, just five little girls playing and three adults catching up and sharing war (aka parenting) stories. But for me, our impromptu playdate saved the day. I am so thankful I have friends in my life who understand how stressful parenting can be, and care about me and my family enough to pick me up on the days I need a little lift. I only hope I am half the friend to them that they are to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment