Monday, September 17, 2012

Good Golly!

Today was one of those days where for some reason I kept noticing all the ways in which Molly is growing up and forming her little personality. Just a few examples:

- Molly has learned how her car seat buckles and insists on "helping" me click everything into place
- She has absolutely no concept of her age or size: while waiting to pick up Ava from school, she was chasing Jocelyn around the school playground, climbing up walls and sliding down slides built for children 4 or 5 times older than her
- Molly has some serious gamer tendencies. At every opportunity she sneaks into my room to get my tablet. She turns it on, unlocks it, opens the kid's app she and her sisters play on, and would probably play all day if I let her. She's also discovered that her sisters' profiles have different activities than hers (the app is age-specific for each child) and so she will play on her sisters' profiles because their games are clearly more fun
- Molly's vocabulary is growing by the day! She has a few of her own words - she'd much rather call Jocelyn "Sissa" and all ducks are "squackies" - and she always has something to say. I understand her most of the time. My favorites are that she says "Yes" (not "yeah" like most younger kids start with) and that most often she can carry on a full conversation herself. "Dadda work? Awight."
- Molly is obsessed with shoes. If there is a pair of shoes lying around, especially if they belong to someone else, she is all about trying them on and walking around the house. From slippers to Crocs to winter boots, all shoes are fair game
- This kid has got one heck of a stubborn streak. Example: each night in the bath she whines and appears to feel unsteady. Yet, she refuses to sit on her rear end - she either squats or sits on her knees. When she tries to hang onto the side I put her hands back in (so as to keep my floor dry) and she gets mad at me... but still refuses to sit all the way down

I feel like there were even more moments than these, but you get the idea. It was fun to have the opportunity to pay attention to these moments today and not let them pass my by as they do most days. Before Molly was born, I wondered how she would compare to the other two. Ava and Jocelyn seemed so different, I couldn't imagine how a third could be different as well. But Molly is certainly her own person, and I love that I get to see her become that person each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment