Monday, September 24, 2012

Season Premiere Week

It is a week I have been waiting for for a while now. I am not a huge TV watcher (I'm not sure I know any parent who can be). But there are a few shows that I have really gotten into (aka addicted to) over the past few years. And after a long summer of reruns, this week they all return to me. There is nothing quite like putting all the girls to bed, sitting down on my couch with my dessert, and zoning out watching a decent television program or two. It mellows me out after a long and energy-filled day. When I was younger I remember having a conversation with my mom about soap operas. My mom had one or two soap operas that she watched pretty regularly. She explained to me that whenever she moved somewhere new and didn't know anyone, or her life seemed to be turning upside down, the characters in her favorite show were like a constant, somewhere she could go to find comfort in the familiar. I have come to feel that way about the three or four shows I spend a few nights a week watching. And after a long summer it is finally time for us to get reacquainted.

No comments:

Post a Comment