Saturday, September 8, 2012

Aggie Saturday!

I am a little obsessed with college football. Some would say that is an understatement. Professional football has never really kept my attention, but there's something so entertaining about these young boys who go out and play their hearts out for school pride and not just to earn a paycheck. Last weekend I watched a full day of college ball, but due to Hurricane Isaac there was not any A&M football to watch. I'm not even exaggerating, I've been looking forward to today ALL week. It was Texas A&M's first game of the season. It was their first conference game as new members of the SEC. And due to all the hype, ESPN College Gameday was there to cover the game and give A&M some pretty fantastic publicity. It was better than Christmas - seeing so many images of familiar places on and off campus, hearing all the excitement and anticipation for the beginning of a new era in Aggie football... well, I could go on, but I'm sure you get the idea.

A few years ago we started the tradition in our house of "Aggie Saturdays." We all wear whatever A&M garments we have. It's one of the few times I dictate to my children what they need to wear. Ava has come to love it, and the other two will learn soon enough.

dressed for Aggie Saturday

practicing our touchdown poses

So the game didn't end the way I would have liked. I could go on for quite a while on what I think the Aggies did right or wrong, but that's all beside the point. I go to bed a very happy person tonight because Aggie football has once again returned to my life. The season will go by way too fast, and I'm not naive enough to think it will come without heartache. But this is by far my favorite time of year, and the added excitement of having joined the best conference in the league makes this year all the sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment