Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Kindergarten

Today was the day - Ava's first day of kindergarten. She was excited, nervous, and I think a little overwhelmed. We drove to the back of the school and then all 5 of us walked Ava to the cafeteria, where she waited to be taken back to her classroom. We walked with her to the room (mainly because somehow we didn't see her class get taken back already), gave her kisses and sent her on her merry way. Jocelyn and Molly took it the hardest - Molly was mad she couldn't go into the room and trying to wriggle out of Ben's arms, and Jocelyn crossed her arms and stormed away saying that SHE wanted to go to kindergarten too!

ready for her first day of kindergarten!

showing off the backpack

walking to the school, supplies in hand

going into her classroom

Six-and-a-half hours later, Ava got back into our car all smiles. Here's Ava to tell you all about her first day. (Please ignore the constant fidgeting - comes with the territory of any Ava conversation.) I couldn't be happier with how the day went. One down, one more to go in six more sleeps.

3 comments:

  1. I totally get telling a story with your foot straight up in the air. :) I've gone that a time or two myself. and I enjoyed the dramatic flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is hilarious! And awfly limber! I'm glad she had such a great first day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Favorite part: "What did you learn?" . . . "I forget."
    Welcome to the next twelve years of school. ;)

    ReplyDelete