Monday, September 3, 2012

Out with a Bang!!

Today was the last day of summer, the final carefree day before school and all its chaos invades my children's lives. And we made the most of it. We had muffins for breakfast. We watched Homeward Bound together. Then Ben took the girls on a hike that ended up at a playground nearby where the kids ran off what energy they had left. After quiet time Ava and Jocie ran a few errands with Daddy while Molly and I held down the fort and got dinner ready. We ate grilled cheese and tater tots for dinner, Ava's requested night-before-school meal. After dinner we went outside for a short while, then came back in for a short session of Wii Sports. Finished the night with baths and bedtime stories, and it was certainly one full day. The girls had a great time, and Ben and I fully enjoyed our time with them and each other. I was feeling guilty earlier that we didn't do anything big or memorable this weekend, but I think it was just what it should have been: our family enjoying each other and the things we have fun doing together. I am very thankful to have today serve as the perfect end to a terrific summer. Tomorrow starts a new era for our family: we will have our first full-time student. And to be perfectly honest, I'm not looking back at all - only forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment