Saturday, September 1, 2012

Football and Fingernails

Today I indulged more than I have indulged in quite a while. First, I have fully immersed myself in the glory of college football. I impatiently waited for 10am, at which time I turned on College Gameday on ESPN. I watched all 2 hours of Gameday, and then have followed with nonstop games since noon. (Ben turned the channel a few times for the kids, and I was NOT very happy with him.) No teams playing today that I particularly care about, but it's college football, and it's back, and my life is just a little fuller because of it.

Molly showing off her "touchdown!" skills - getting her ready now for next week!

Very little can pull me away from my college ball obsession, but today I made the sacrifice for Ava. She has been asking to get her nails done with me at a nail salon for most of the summer. I had suggested to her that we wait until we went to Texas, but in the end we were so busy on our vacation the trip to the salon never happened. So I told her we would go the weekend before school as a special event. This afternoon she was asking me and asking me, and for as much as I wanted to wait another day I knew it was only right to have a little Grown-Up Girl Bonding Time, as Ava likes to call it. So off to the nail salon we went. Ava shocked me and actually picked a color that was NOT obscenely bright, and even got a little decoration on her thumbs. She was over the moon happy, both with getting pampered and with having some one-on-one time with Mom. Even I forgot about whatever football I might be missing and enjoyed some rare girly time with my very girly daughter.

SO in her element right here

Ava's fancy nails

No comments:

Post a Comment