Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pretty New Clothes

I'm not sure when it happened, but somewhere along the line I became one of those moms, women, whatever, who HATES shopping for new clothes. It always seems such an awful experience. I either end up shopping with a child (or children) in tow, in which I'm frantically rushing to finish before their attention span goes kaput, or I leave my children with someone, in which case I'm still rushing in case they are terrorizing some innocent sitter (or my husband). And like 99% of women, it always seems the clothes - especially pants - never fit QUITE right. Ben still doesn't understand how even two different styles of the same brand can fit totally differently. Shopping is an activity I dread. But over the last few weeks I have come to realize that exactly ONE pair of pants that do not have an elastic waist fit me. And as much as it stinks to shop, it stinks even more to look into a drawer full of clothes and not want to wear a single thing because of how uncomfortable they are.

So this morning I finally bit the bullet and went to the mall. I'm not even sure the last time I stepped foot into a real mall. I spent a few hours in a couple stores... and was actually successful!! I found 4 pair of pants and 2 shirts, and thanks to the shopping gods even got every single piece on sale. I still spent a handful, but it was way better than it could have been. But best of all, I cannot WAIT to get dressed in the morning. To look at drawers full of clothes that fit me and don't look like I should be on my way to the gym is a wonderful thing indeed. Bonus: Ava opted to come and be my "style advisor," so I was able to enjoy some quality time with my her this morning as well. New well-fitting clothes AND quality time with my eldest? Definitely a day for the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment