Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Blast from the Past

This morning Molly woke up 20 to 30 minutes earlier than normal. This after she had to be rocked by Ben for almost a half hour late last night. I assumed it was going to be a long morning for her, and sure enough, after preschool drop-off and an allergist appointment (which she was AMAZING for) she was pretty well spent. I had just enough time to kill to run one last errand. As I parked the car, I looked in the back to find Molly had fallen asleep. Oh well, I'd just get her out and put her in the stroller and the 10 minute snooze would hold us over until naptime. Molly had other plans: she stayed asleep through me transferring her from the car seat to the stroller, then later when I transferred her back into the car to pick up Jocelyn. Only when we arrived at the preschool and I took her out a third time did she finally start to stir. Before I got her out of the car that last time, I took a moment to watch my sleeping baby. Molly falls asleep in the car often enough that it is not a VERY big deal, but she almost never stays asleep through any transferring; that is the stuff of infants. But this morning she was pooped enough to return to her old ways and let me stroll down memory lane with my baby.


This 30 minute cat nap of course ended up being her only nap for the day, but in those moments of over-tiredness I remembered this sweet little face... and that tomorrow I will make sure nothing disrupts our nap routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment