Friday, September 14, 2012

A Much-Needed Break

The last two weeks have been full of adjustments - first Ava going back to school, then Jocelyn, then both girls starting back at dance. Unfortunately for Molly, this has translated to lots of driving around and leaving people to do fun things, then getting stuck with Mom. It has taken some time rebuilding our relationship. There's been lots of fits thrown and yelling at me. I myself have been trying to take advantage of being down to only one kid and running tons of errands while Ava and Jocelyn are in school. Today, however, I decided to take a break from the madness and just spend the morning at home. Molly and I dropped Jocie off and then came straight back to the house and stayed here until it was time to get Jocelyn once again. It was great - Molly played with her toys and pretty much did as she pleased, and I in turn got several chores done while she was otherwise occupied. I think it was the break we both needed from the chaos of everyday life. We were recharged and are now ready to tackle the crazy times ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment