Thursday, September 6, 2012

Act of Kindness

I think I may be learning as much this first week of school as Ava. Yesterday I learned the profound lesson that if I am going to walk the 2 miles roundtrip to take Ava to school, I should eat breakfast first. This morning I discovered that looking at the weather report the night before is not sufficient. As of last night there was only a slight chance of rain this afternoon. However, about 200 yards from our house it had begun to drizzle. No one was soaking wet, but it certainly made for a less than pleasant walk to the school. After leaving Ava off Jocelyn, Molly and I were preparing ourselves for what was sure to seem like a very long walk back home in the rain. A few feet past the school, I heard someone ask, "Do you want a ride home?" It was our next door neighbor, who had just dropped off his own kids and was headed back home in his car. Needless to say, I jumped at the chance, threw my kids in the back seat of his car, and enjoyed a lovely 90-second DRY car ride back to our house. It was so nice of him to see us and offer to drive our pathetic wet selves home. It was a ray of sunshine for what had started to look like a pretty dreary day.

No comments:

Post a Comment