Friday, September 28, 2012

Cougar Crawl!

This evening Ava's school put on an event called the Cougar Crawl. (Her school's mascot is the cougar.) We met at the front of the school, then walked about a mile around the neighborhood surrounding the school. When we returned we ate food and danced to music provided by a DJ. It really was nothing very fancy, but the kids LOVED it. I had a lot of fun getting to catch up with a few of my neighbors - nothing like an event to bring us all out of our houses and socializing together. Jocelyn enjoyed stalking the mascot all evening. Molly and I played a game of "yelling" I Love You to each other throughout the walk. Ava had fun finding a few of her classmates, but making new friends while they were all getting their groove on. All of the kids had a blast dancing - I kept trying to get good pictures but they never stopped moving! It was such a great night, but rather than me trying to describe the fun I'll let the pictures below do the talking. I am so glad Ava gets to be part of a school that has such a strong sense of community around it. It was a great way to kick off the school year... and a wonderfully crazy evening to tire my kids out.

saying hi to Cody the cougar

Molly with our neighbor Adia - sweet friends

Cheetos - dinner of champions (or at least Sewards)

Molly and Zachary sword-fighting with branches

DANCE PARTY!!

I love how they're almost doing the same thing in this one

jump!

video of Molly dancing with the big kids (if you look in the back Ava appears as well)

No comments:

Post a Comment