Friday, August 31, 2012

Resting Up

Today the planets all seemed to align. All three of my children woke up this morning in a pretty mellow mood. My usually energizer bunny-like girls were content to play quietly and watch a little more tv than usual. I felt this same way before each of my children were born. I never nested or felt an overbearing desire to clean and do busy work. Instead, I always believed my body instinctively knew I was going to be missing out on sleep soon, so I should rest up while I had the chance. I think today we were all subconsciously sensing that next week things are going to get crazy busy again, and so we enjoyed a day of vegging and doing nothing. It's not often my kids go for such a "boring" day, but today it was just what we all needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment