Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Victoria and Veronica came over this afternoon to watch the girls while I got some last minute running-around done for our upcoming adventure. While it may not have been the most efficient way to spend my time, my first stop was the spa to get a pedicure and my eyebrows waxed. Let me first say that while I get my eyebrows done on a regular basis, I could probably count on two hands the number of pedicures I've gotten in my life. Between the cost and time to myself that are required, it is just really not on the priority list. However, I thought it would be nice to treat myself for once. And holy moly was it!! I sat down in the massage chair, turned it on to whatever setting looked good, took a deep breath and just... existed. There were no interruptions. No chores to be done. No children demanding something or arguing or whining. The guy giving me the pedicure (who was AMAZING) said to me halfway through, "It's really quiet, huh?" (To be fair, at this point I was the only one getting a pedicure, so it was pretty quiet.) I just looked at him and said, "It's really nice." To which he made some comment about it sometimes getting too quiet. I thought to myself, at this point in my life I'm not sure such a thing exists. I don't know how long I could have sat in that chair basking in the peaceful quiet, but it would have been a lot longer than anyone ever wants to work on another person's feet. The guy seemed genuinely befuddled that I kept turning down having my phone or a magazine to occupy myself. I kept trying to figure out how to savor each minute of me-time so as to refill my energy tank for the crazy days ahead. It was a nice and well-needed break - and I even got my shopping done in record time so as to get home with enough time to get everyone to dance class on time! Overall a pretty stellar outing alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment