Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Plan B at McD's

This morning I hit a major roadblock in my plans, figuratively and literally. Seems some semi decided to overturn on the highway I take to get home from the dance studio. I did not realize this until I tried to get on the highway and was instead re-routed the opposite direction with hundreds of other unfortunate drivers. But the time I got back to the place I started there was not enough time to get home before turning right back around to pick Jocelyn up. So I thought fast, and promptly started driving toward the nearest McDonald's. Ava, Molly, and I shared some fries and drank milkshakes while watching some of the morning's Olympics coverage. (Really can't escape the Games - not that I'd want to) We hung out in the restaurant for a good 45 minutes or so. The girls enjoyed their treat, and I enjoyed getting out of the traffic, at least for a few minutes. Another silver lining found on an otherwise cloudy morning - I'll take what I can get and be grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment