Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Little Lady

Today I was reminded time and time again how quickly Molly is growing up. I guess it shouldn't be surprising that with two older sisters to keep up with she is maturing faster than the other two did, but it still amazes me. She already knows the importance of accessorizing: she must always have a clip in her hair and wants her shoes on ALL the time. If I try to take her shoes off when we're at home I get yelled at! She has so many words now, and most of them are very clear. She is obsessed with Sesame Street characters, and fortunately we have most of the stuffed animals. Her current favorites are Cookie Monster and Elmo, although Abby Cadabby and Ernie take turns as well. At lunch today she ate her food almost exclusively with her utensils, only using her fingers when she got impatient. When it was time for Ava and Jocelyn's dance classes, she ran around the dance rooms as long as she possibly could before finally being kicked out, and was not happy at all that she didn't get to join in on the fun. The funniest thing is that she loves playing with infants. She'll say "BABY!!" and run to say hi and play with anyone smaller than her. While some babies are not too much smaller than her in size, it is clear that my youngest daughter is no longer a baby herself. And while there's a small part of me that is sad my babies grow up so fast, there is a much bigger part of me that is having so much fun watching Molly at the stage she's at right now. She's turning into quite the little lady, and I can only imagine what life has in store for her.

eating her lunch in a regular chair - highchairs are SO for babies

my big girl :)


1 comment:

  1. I thought of this post today at work. I couldn't find the baby's shoes, so I tried an old pair that turned out to be too small. When I took them away she screamed bloody murder until I found a pair that fit. Life with divas. :)

    ReplyDelete