Friday, July 27, 2012

Let the Games Begin!

Today the Summer Olympics officially began in London with the opening ceremony. I LOVE the Olympics. It's always so fun to hear the stories of the many journeys these athletes have taken to get to this sporting event. Tonight I invited Ava to stay up late with Ben and I and watch the opening ceremony. She was super excited - mainly because she got to stay up late and have Mom and Dad all to herself. She asked a zillion questions and fidgeted constantly (in other words, was her normal self). We ate popcorn and commented on all that we were seeing unfold on the TV screen. I told her she could stay up until she was ready to go to bed, and at 10:15 we finally convinced her that the parade of athletes would not be over for a VERY long time (they were on the J countries, I think) so she should just head to bed. She may not remember anything in particular about this experience, but I hope after the next few weeks we will have another Olympic fan for life in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment