Monday, July 16, 2012

Happy Ending

Today got off to a very rough start. Molly woke up at 5:45am, and screamed at the top of her lungs for about 45 minutes straight. Nothing I said or did helped, so she finally went back into her crib until she passed out. Unfortunately this meant by the time I was finally getting back to sleep, Ava and Jocelyn were starting to wake up. I was tired and cranky and not excited about the day ahead. Add to that Molly waking back up with enough attitude to fill all of Capitol Hill, and we were not in a great place.

And yet, somehow the day improved as it went on. There were no real high or low points, just a steady climb from dismal to decent. By the time Ben arrived home Molly was only slightly moody, I was handling my sleep deprivation better, and Ava and Jocelyn were continuing to be their rock star selves. I'm glad to be reminded today that just because the day starts off badly doesn't mean it's destined to stay that way. Now to cross my fingers that everyone sleeps through the night and wakes up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed... or at least not super crabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment