Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Glimpse into the Future

Molly seems to be sick yet again. Looks to be a virus of some kind, with just a fever, runny nose, and overall puniness. So this evening Ben stayed home with her while I took Ava and Jocelyn to a party with some friends. It was an odd event in which I found myself very aware of the fact that I was without my baby. There was no one demanding to be picked up every few minutes, no babbling to decipher, no diapers to check or ultimately change. And while I certainly wished Molly was there... it was kind of nice to just have the older girls. I helped them get their food and dealt with a few tantrums and tears, but overall they kept to themselves and I saw very little of them. There are many exhausting and stressful days that I tell myself the girls won't be this young and dependent forever, they will grow up and out of this needy phase. But tonight I got a very real taste of what their growing will actually feel like. I will be sure not to take this time for granted, and cherish all the moments we share now, but it is also exciting to see that teeny light at the end of the tunnel, in which I can have adult conversations and my children can play by themselves and handle their own bodily functions. Tonight these are the thoughts that bring a smile to my face and hope to my overtired heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment