Sunday, July 8, 2012

Love Note

This summer Ava has been blossoming before my eyes, and today was no different. She and Ben went to run errands during quiet time, and when they came home she walked in the door with a pouty look on her face. She went down to the basement, and Ben proceeded to tell me why she was not happy: she had uncovered a little over a dollar in change in Ben's car, and wanted to buy something with her newfound money. Somehow Ben convinced Ava to get something for me, which she was all for... until she realized there was no money left for her to buy something for herself. Even still, a few minutes later she came upstairs with the card they had bought, signed "Love Ava, To Mommy" (she always does that backward) and a picture drawn on the left side. I was so touched - she was still bummed she had come home with nothing for herself, but didn't let that keep her from making me my special card. I don't know when she grew up into such a mature young lady; I am just so incredibly proud of her and the person she is becoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment