Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Another Magic Dance Moment

We had yet another dance-filled day today. In the middle of our 3-class marathon (Creative Movement for Jocie, then Acro and Jazz for Ava), one of the teachers opened her door for anyone interested to watch a solo routine. This was actually a dance done by a young man who graduated last year, but is competing his solo from last year at a national dance competition next week. All 3 of my girls were sitting in the front of the classroom in some of the older kids' laps, so I just stayed outside the door, concentrating more on my own children's behavior than the dance being practiced. What I saw were three little pairs of eyes completely mesmerized by this boy's dancing. I'm not sure any of them blinked the entire time John was dancing. I kept looking at them, waiting for the trance to lift; it only did once the music ended. Then, Molly jumped up, ran over to this boy, and lifted her arms for him to pick her up. It was pretty special to see the love and awe all my girls have for the art of dance. I cringe to think what this love for dance will do to our bank account in the years to come, but for now I will try to focus on the joy dance continues to bring my family, week after week.

No comments:

Post a Comment