Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Rock Stars

This afternoon Ava, Jocelyn, and Ben went to The Fresh Beat Band concert. The Fresh Beat Band is a children's rock band - they have their own television show as well as CDs. As far as kids' music goes, they're actually pretty good, and lots of fun to listen to. We spend many a car ride rocking out to FBB songs. In November, I learned the Fresh Beat Band was going on tour and headed to DC. When I went online to look for tickets, however, I learned that in the week-and-a-half that tickets had been on sale the show had all but sold out - a few single tickets in nosebleed sections were all that were left. I was so bummed we were going to miss such a fun show. Then, in April, it was announced that the tour was extended, and this time there would be a show in Vienna, a town just north of us. We got online the day tickets went on sale and were able to get seats a little far back but on the aisle. Only problem: every person going in - even a newborn - requires a ticket. And as much as I love Molly, there was no way I wanted to pay that much for her to go to a show she'd never remember. Ben was almost as excited about the show as the girls were, so we decided that he could take Ava and Jocelyn for a Daddy-Daughter Fresh Beat Band date.

They came home this evening on Cloud Nine!! Ben of course spoiled the girls like crazy - they came home with shirts, light-up spinny things, and a poster. (I don't even want to THINK about how much money he wasted... I mean spent.) The house was full of little girls playing drums and guitar and singing their little hearts out. They clearly didn't want the concert experience to end. I'm not going to lie, I was more than a little jealous that while Molly and I ran to Target and the commissary the other 3 members of our family were having such an incredible time. But knowing the fun and one-of-a-kind experience they shared eases the envy and makes me happy for them.

The girls in front of the ampitheater

the stage

showtime!

a glimpse into the concert experience

two very happy FBB fans :)

No comments:

Post a Comment