Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ray of Sunshine

I'm not sure what happened to my children in their sleep last night, but they woke up this morning completely different, completely WONDERFUL children. The past few days have been full of the ups and downs that come with being away from home for so long. I can explain to them that we only take trips like this once every few years til the cows come home, but at the end of the day my kids are out of their routines and in a major funk. Today, however, I had my good-natured girls back. I didn't really have to discipline anyone. They played well together, occupying themselves without getting into things they shouldn't. I looked at Ava at one point this morning, and realized I had not seen her smile - REALLY smile - the way she was today, in a while. Like I said before, I don't know what made today such a great day, other than the grace of God. What I do know is I am beyond happy to have my happy, well-behaved children back, even if just for a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment