Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Hot water, Deer, and Tex-Mex... Oh My!

I began my day savoring an everyday luxury we've been deprived of the last few days: a hot shower. My parents' hot water heater has not been working for almost a week, so I've been washing my hair salon-style (sticking my head back into the stream of the bath faucet) and jumping in and out of freezing cold water when I can't stand not showering any longer. Yesterday afternoon a wonderful plumber came over and fixed the water heater. This morning I almost burned my skin off... just because I could. It's always good to be reminded of life's little luxuries - but only every once in a while.

Then we went and visited some more family friends. It was great catching up, watching the girls play together, and giving Ben a chance to satisfy his baby itch with their 1-week-old. Best part of the morning, though, may have been when we first got to the house and discovered deer feeding in the backyard. These are not typical deer - they were willing to eat the deer corn the girls were throwing at them just feet from where the girls were sitting. It was a great opportunity for the girls to see some "wildlife" up close and personal.


Finally, I finished my day satisfying a great need for some good and greasy Tex-Mex food. My mom and I took the girls to Taco Cabana, my very favorite Tex-Mex fast food ever. The girls were not excited to be going anywhere besides McDonald's at first, but I knew I had won Ava over when we drove up and she saw Taco Cabana's bright pink exterior. They had cheese quesadillas and tortilla chips, I had bean and cheese soft tacos and rice and was in heaven. So glad to finish my day in such a delightfully delicious fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment