Saturday, August 4, 2012

Auntie's Day Spa

Our first day in San Antonio, the girls got to reunite with their Auntie Pamela. My little sister prides herself on being the anti-me, being much more concerned with hair, make-up, and overall style than I would ever dream of. She arrived at my parents' house stocked and ready for fun. She painted all three girls' toes. She painted Ava and Jocelyn's fingernails with paint AND glitter. Pamela straightened Ava's hair (well, halfway until Ava got restless). Ava got a full make-up job. Each and every step of the way I cringed at how ridiculous my girls looked and the superficiality of the whole experience. Then I took a step back. These girls don't get to play spa day with Auntie more than once every few years. This is how they relate and bond, and such rare occasions should not be reined in but rather embraced.

painting Jocelyn's toes

applying lip gloss

Molly's turn

No comments:

Post a Comment