Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Grown-up Talk

One of the few things I regretted about our trip to Texas was that Ben and I didn't get to have a date night. We had plenty of people who would have been more than happy to watch our kids, but between Ben's crazy work schedule and making sure we saw as many people as possible, time simply got away from us.

I start by explaining this because somehow we hit some good karma tonight. Ben got home a little late, so I had already fed the girls their dinner. He came in and the girls did their usual squealing and hugging of Daddy. But then they all went off to play on their own... leaving Ben and I to eat our dinner together. We talked - and had an entire conversation uninterrupted. With our children IN the house. I'm not sure this has ever happened before. It was truly a treat to get to catch up with my husband before we were both incoherent from exhaustion. I'm not naive enough to think it will happen again anytime soon, but sure did savor the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment