Monday, August 13, 2012

Fairy Godmother

Before I get to my warm fuzzy of the day, I'd first like to take the opportunity to thank a few people. First, thank you to Kristin, Josh, and Kaitlyn Mokry for letting my girls and I invade this morning while Ben got some much needed sleep. Another big thanks goes to Sarah and Eric Thompson for having us for dinner tonight, making an absolutely delicious meal, and allowing my children to use their dogs as entertainment.

Molly & Kaitlyn - partners in crime

animal masks, the only way Josh was halfway willing to take a picture ;)

the Sewards and Thompsons

Miss Sarah Smith, however, takes the cake for my smile-moment of the day. Sarah was my roommate for 3 of my 4 years in college and is Ava's godmother. Sarah and I have shared a LOT over the years, and today she drove the 3ish hours from College Station to spend the afternoon with us. It was so nice to get to catch up and talk face-to-face for the first time in years. My girls had fun with her too, especially Ava. I had hoped there would be enough time before we had to leave for dinner for Ava, Sarah and I to go do something just the 3 of us, but in the end there wasn't. Ava and Sarah worked it out themselves, though, and spent some quality time playing ping pong in the Thompsons' gameroom. Ava calls Sarah her fairy godmother. Ava will say, "I know she's not really a FAIRY godmother, I just like calling her that." And you know what? If ever there was someone up for the job of being a fairy godmother, it's Sarah. I am forever blessed to have her in my life and the lives of my husband and children. She is yet another person I wish we lived closer to, but the rarity of our visits makes them all the more special.

Ava with her Fairy Godmother :D

No comments:

Post a Comment