Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Baths, Brisket, and Blue Bell

My kids find entertainment in some interesting places. Around 11am I went around my parents house doing my occasional head count and found this:


Seems my parents' shower makes a fun play area - Molly literally spent 30 minutes playing in there!

Then this evening we all went to have dinner at the house of one of the men Ben is working with these next few days. It was amazing - brisket, potato casserole, beans, and cornbread. You just don't find food like this anywhere else. I got made fun of, but I took a picture of the brisket for tonight's post - that's how good it was, and how it made my day.


Finally, there was Blue Bell ice cream with apple pie for dessert. It frustrates Ben to no end, but I don't understand the obsession with Blue Bell ice cream. To me, ice cream is ice cream. For Ben, however, Blue Bell is one of the great things he misses about Texas. We were both so glad to get to indulge in some Texas cuisine, and enjoy the company of new friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment