Friday, August 24, 2012

Wonderful World of Disney

The girls and I ended our day watching Return to Neverland, one of the many Disney spin-off movies made in the last decade or so. I got the idea in the first place after seeing a commercial for the Magical World of Disney Junior. I remembered Saturday nights as a kid, watching the Magical World of Disney movie. The theme music would start, the image of Cinderella's castle filled the screen. Then Michael Eisner or Roy Disney would come on to provide 5 minutes or so of background or random facts relating to the movie about to air. Then it was showtime. These days, getting my girls to sit through an entire movie is an extremely rare event. While they had their squirmy moments, tonight the girls and I enjoyed this obscure yet entertaining movie. The movie may have been less than Oscar calibur, but the audience was first rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment