Monday, August 27, 2012

The Darndest Things

Ava has a lot to say, all the time. Every minute of every day her little mouth is going. I've said many times that she was somehow born without an internal voice - the thoughts go from the brain straight out the mouth. Sometimes her musings are profound, sometimes silly, and often hysterical. The other day we were cleaning the house. She was really on a roll getting her chores completed when she looked at me and said, "Mom, are we taking care of business? I've always wanted to take care of business!" Especially entertaining can be her horrible interpretation of lyrics to songs. This evening we were listening to a kids' satellite radio station. The Chipmunks version of "All the Single Ladies" came on. Ava got excited because she recognized the song, and began dancing and singing. Instead of saying "if you like it then you should have put a ring on it," as the lyrics actually go, she asks me, "Mom, does the song go 'if you like the letter K then go to K-Mart'?" It took everything I had in me not to roll on the floor laughing. Then she looked at me and said, "I know, I'm such a sassy girl!" *Pause* "Mom, what does sassy mean?" I literally have NO idea what's going to come out of that kid's mouth next. But with the likelihood that it will be highly entertaining, I simply sit back and enjoy the verbal ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment