Monday, October 1, 2012

An Unlikely Pair

This afternoon I was dropping Ava off at religious ed class when I received a text. It was from a mom I've known for years from our Mom's group, and her daughter and Jocelyn are now in different classes but at the same preschool. She said that Mackenzie had been asking all day to have a playdate with Jocie, and did we happen to be free to get together for a bit? I responded that if she didn't mind my house looking like a bomb had gone off in it that we were more than happy to host them for some play time.

Oh my goodness, you would have thought it was Christmas morning in my house!! Jocelyn was so beyond excited to be having Mackenzie over. They immediately disappeared into Jocelyn's bedroom and played with princesses and stuffed animals galore. I got to sit and chat with Corinn, who I see all the time at drop-off and pick-up but never really get to have a conversation with. It was a really nice impromptu playdate, the perfect way to make a humdrum day a little more special for everyone.

Oh, right, the "unlikely pair" part of this: Jocelyn and Mackenzie could not be more different, physically speaking. Jocelyn is tall for her age, wearing size 5 clothing at the age of 3 1/2. Mackenzie is MAYBE 2 inches taller than Molly, and therefore is extremely petite for her age. To see these two together is so hilarious, and yet very sweet and endearing all at once. They may not look similar, but these two must have something in common, because there is a very special friendship forming before our very eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment