Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Snap out of it!

I start this post by confessing that, in all honesty, I am writing it a day late. Yesterday was a rough day. Nothing specific happened to make it bad, but I felt weighed down by all kinds of negative energy. By the end of the day I was so down and depressed I didn't even want to pretend like I could come up with something positive to write.

I was lying in bed, hoping to fall asleep and being horribly unsuccessful, when Ben came upstairs. He asked what was wrong, and after I talked as little as possible, he made me feel better as only he can. He was not sympathetic or apologetic. Rather, he told me I was being silly and needed to snap out of my funk. He wasn't especially gently in his approach, but he wasn't a jerk either. By the end of our little 5 minute "conversation" I wasn't feeling better about my day, but I was feeling better about life. I am very lucky to be married to a man who can take my occasional mood swings in stride and know just how to bring a little ray of sunshine to brighten my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment