Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pumpkin Play

It's October, which means pumpkin patches have sprouted up everywhere. We hadn't gone yet, and I was thinking of going to one of the bigger ones that's a few miles from our house. Only kink: it costs what I consider to be a ridiculous amount of money for my kids to just run around and maybe go down a slide or two. So we did the next best thing: went to a nursery near where we used to live and let the kids climb a much smaller but no less fun pumpkin mound and run around for about 45 minutes. The kids had a great time running around the "pumpkin patch" and I got a few token pumpkin patch pictures. Overall, a nice shake-up to an otherwise dull day.





Bonus moment: had to add this at the last minute. Ben came home from his Reserve weekend with a costume that he borrowed or was given by one of the other guys in his unit. It is clearly way too small for Molly, but as soon as he put it on her she was waddling and quacking her little heart out. Pretty darn cute, I have to admit.




3 comments:

  1. OK that was the cutest thing I've seen all day!! But somebody tell that baby to stop growing until I can get up there and see her again!! All three of them are huge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! It's been a ridiculously long time since you've been here. I think November should be the month the Sewards get a visit from miss Godmama Bev :)

      Delete
  2. I am all for that! Facebook me which weekends are best for you - right now my schedule is pretty clear. :)

    ReplyDelete