Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pass the Cheese

I discovered this afternoon the way to occupy a 22-month-old for 45 minutes while her sister is in dance class. All it requires is a box full of old costume hats. The dance studio director has old costumes and hats out for sale before Halloween, and Molly spent the entire time we were waiting for Jocelyn putting on the many hats in this big box. Funniest part: she would put on a hat, turn to look at me and the others sitting in the lobby, and say, "Tada!! Thank you, thank you!" while giving little bows. I have NO idea where she has heard that from! Usually I hear my kids say random things and I am able to connect it to some show or book. But this was a new one for me. Over and over she would present herself and thank her audience for who-knows-what. It was amusing and endearing all in one, and has erased any doubt I had that Molly is a total ham.

No comments:

Post a Comment