Thursday, October 25, 2012

Dance Your Cares Away

My ears go through a lot in a typical day. Lots of whining, constant questions, the random stories that come out of nowhere; fighting, screaming fits, and songs that break out at a moment's notice. Most days I take it all in stride. But some days, like today, I am begging for silence by dinnertime.

My pleas would not be answered tonight. Instead, there was loud chaos until the girls were in their beds with the lights out. Tonight, however, the noise was centered around music. Ben turned on some of the Dancing with the Stars episode we had recorded for the girls to watch. This resulted in the girls joining in the dancing, squealing all the way. Then the party moved upstairs, where Ben was blaring music for the girls from the study while they bathed. The highlight of the evening came after the girls got out of the bath, and rather than get dressed in their bedroom they went straight to the study to boogie down in the buff. I'm not going to lie, my ears felt like they were going to start bleeding at any moment. However, there was so much joy and giddiness in those little girls dancing the night away, I sucked it up and embraced the otherwise undesirable noise of the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment