Thursday, October 4, 2012

Playtime

I was a little nervous how the day would play out when I woke up this morning. Mainly because I woke up with Molly whining and yelling at 5:30am - over an hour earlier than she usually wakes up. Jocelyn was up early as well, and if there's one thing I've learned, it's that early risers can quickly turn into overtired cranksters.

Fortunately, today was a day full of playtime. In the morning I watched Isaac and Avery while their momma "checked on the baby in her belly" at her OB appointment. The kids all played wonderfully. I got to sit on the couch and supervise car zooming, puzzle overturning, and child squealing - my kind of babysitting gig. Then after quiet time and picking up Ava we had Lillian, Marian, and their momma Amanda over. The girls all vanished into Ava and Jocie's bedroom where there was plenty of princess play and tea parties. The kids all had a great time playing together - very few arguments and lots of laughs. I enjoyed getting a break from entertaining my daughters and letting their friends take over that job for a short while. Best part of the day: the girls took no time at all falling asleep at bedtime. Here's hoping to at least sleeping until normal wake-up time tomorrow, if not sleeping in. (Hey, a girl can dream.)


No comments:

Post a Comment