Saturday, October 27, 2012

Leaves, Leaves, Leaves

So we're still getting used to living on the East Coast and having real seasons, including leaves that fall off the trees in autumn. It has been even more interesting this year, as it's the first year we've lived in our house with the ginormous leaf-shedding tree in the front yard. Today was leaf-gathering day. Ben was out there with his leaf blower, and convinced the girls that cleaning up the leaves was a great game. They were all out there, singing the Clean Up Song while scooping leaves into pails and dumping them into a trash bag. Later in the afternoon, Ben had gathered a sufficient pile and let the girls play in it for a bit while he started scooping it up. They had such a great time. Growing up in Florida and Texas, I never played in leaves as a kid, so I was having fun watching my kids experience something I never did. It was a beautiful day; here are a few pictures to help describe this great day. I am not even going to write captions - I think the smiles speak for themselves.












No comments:

Post a Comment