Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Quiet and Loud of it

Today gave me two great Molly moments which were completely opposite of each other. The first came this morning. I have volunteered in Ava's class to stuff folders the kids take home to their parents once a week. This was my first time doing it, and as luck had it Jocelyn was at preschool so I only had Molly with me. Because it was my first time and there were lots of papers that needed to be sorted and stuffed, it took me almost an hour to complete the job. Molly occupied herself the entire time, quietly snacking and playing with toys in the classroom. (The class was at recess, so we had the room to ourselves.) There are many times when my children don't behave the way I'd like them to, but today I couldn't have been prouder of the way Molly behaved herself. It made my job as Momma and folder-stuffer much more enjoyable.

Then at dinnertime, my dad (aka Papa) arrived for a visit. This brought out the crazed, shrieking Molly. My ears are still ringing from all of the squealing and laughing that went on the last few hours of the day. All 3 of my daughters love their Papa, but Molly is the funniest to watch. She has a laugh that ONLY comes out for Papa. It's really funny! And he doesn't even have to do anything. At dinner, Molly kept yelling "Wake up, Papa!" I have no idea why, he wasn't pretending to be sleeping. Every now and then he would turn his head quickly and look at her, and she would burst out in guffaws of laughter. Life is a much brighter place when Papa's here. I'm very glad I got to have my quiet moment with Molly earlier, because I think I'll need that to remember that quiet moments do in fact exist, as the next few days will probably not have many of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment