Thursday, October 18, 2012

Morning Walk

Today was my dad's last day visiting. I took advantage of an extra adult in the house, and left him at home with Jocelyn and Molly while I took Ava to school this morning. She wanted to walk, which was fine by me. This resulted in about 20 minutes of one-on-one time with my oldest daughter. It was a flashback to years past - she talked almost the entire walk, seamlessly flowing from one subject to the next, just sharing with me everything that popped into her head. I can't even tell you what we talked about, or if I was able to understand or keep up half of the time. I just had a great time savoring the few minutes with Ava, relishing in the young lady she is so quickly growing up to be. It was a wonderful beginning to yet another great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment