Thursday, March 1, 2012

Gettin' Better with Age

Well, today is my birthday. And you know what? It's been a pretty fantastic day. Nothing earth-shattering or life-altering, just a really nice day. I treated myself this morning to a chai latte at a local coffee shop and had my eyebrows waxed. This may not sound like much, but I honestly don't remember the last time I allowed myself to splurge on a teeny hot beverage, and my eyebrows were long overdue for some grooming. We had Stouffer's Lasagna for dinner (easy to make and SO delicious), and I opened a few gifts. One of the funniest moments of the day occurred this morning. Ben wrapped all my gifts last night and had left them on the kitchen table. When we came downstairs to have breakfast, one of the girls asked when I would be opening my gifts, to which the other responded "at her party!" I then told them that no, actually, I wasn't having a party. They looked at me like I had just grown three more heads and said, "No party? But it's your birthday!?!" It was so funny! It seriously took them a good hour to wrap their heads around the concept of having a birthday with no party. But I spent my day just the way I wanted to - I had a fun evening with my husband and daughters, got to talk to both my parents, and received a myriad of emails, texts, and facebook messages from friends near and far wishing me well. It's pretty hard to have anything less than an amazing day when so much love is being poured your way!! So thank you, one and all, for kicking my 29th year on earth off with a bang. I am beyond excited to see where the next year takes me :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you had a wonderful day, I hope the rest of the year is as good as your birthday Laura!

    ReplyDelete