Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Braids and Blood

Today had two highlights, one from my eldest daughter and one from my youngest. First thing this morning I put two french braids in Ava's hair. She has been asking me to do this for a few days, but by the time we would remember there wasn't enough time. Because while her hair is certainly growing, it is still not SUPER long, and braiding it can be quite a task. After almost 20 minutes, my fingers were cramping horribly, but the braids were in her hair and a big smile was on her face. These are the small sacrifices I am more than willing to make to bring some joy to my child's day.

view from the front

the back


A few hours later, Molly and I were sitting in a lab waiting room waiting for her blood work to be done. We had not made an appointment, so it took a little longer, but we still only waited about an hour. While we were there, we encountered more than a few very grumpy people. Everyone seemed to have something to complain about, especially why it was taking the lab techs so long to call people back. Molly immediately began to work her magic: she toddled around the entire waiting room, babbling and grinning at each person she passed. It was incredible to watch - not a SINGLE person could resist smiling back at her! She brightened the days of so many people in that hour, and I had myself a very proud Momma moment. She took getting 2 1/2 vials of blood drained from her like a champ too, but I will not soon forget watching Molly be the light of so many strangers' days the way she is mine everyday.

Molly's battle wound from her stick

No comments:

Post a Comment