Friday, March 30, 2012

Perspective

This morning was pretty rough. It began yet again with a puny Molly. She had a fever, and since she's in the middle of antibiotics the pediatrician wanted her to come in and be seen. So an unexpected trip to the doctor occurred, and after being prescribed a new antibiotic a trip to the pharmacist. We waited a while, since of course the pharmacy had yet to actually notice that the pediatrician had electronically sent over the prescription. In the middle of all this I have a clingy, cranky baby and an antsy toddler (Ava at least was at school). We were able to sit at home for all of 35 minutes before reloading in the car to pick Ava up. I was tired, stressed, sad about my sick baby... not in a good place in general. I was doing my very best to not take it out on the kids, and was only doing an okay job.

I sat at the light to turn out of our subdivision. Just as it turned green, I heard sirens and saw an ambulance fly through the intersection. As I saw it go past, I did what I always do when I see any emergency vehicle, and said a little prayer for the workers in the vehicle and the individuals they are trying to help. As I was doing this, I felt the figurative head slap I'm sure God was giving me. I was having a crummy morning, but the person in that ambulance was most likely in a much more serious situation than I had even considered that morning. I immediately felt the tension leave my shoulders, and my breathing became more relaxed. I will never know who was in that ambulance or what happened to him or her, nor will they know the positive impact they had on my day, but reminding me to keep all things in perspective and remember what is truly important.

No comments:

Post a Comment