Friday, March 23, 2012

SO Big!

Today was miss Molly's 15-month check-up, and the child was nothing less than a ROCK STAR. First her appointment was scheduled for 3:45pm, which of course meant we were taken back to the exam room at around 4:15. (Which I have to say, considering it was a Friday afternoon I was rather impressed we were only delayed that long!) She had her measurements taken, and it seems that my "little" kid has jumped to the 50th percentile for weight and 75th for height! Who knew? She was very agreeable for the doctor, who immediately noticed her runny nose and started talking to me about allergies. As we were discussing my follow-up call I'd be making to the allergist, she looked in Molly's ears and informed me that Molly has a double ear infection! Can I tell you, Molly did have a slight fever on Wednesday night and yesterday morning, but other than that has made NO show of her ears bothering her. It didn't surprise me she had manifested some kind of infection, but to have a double ear and not really complain - what a trooper!

Finally, it was vaccinating time, always the highlight of these visits. She managed to only need two today, which was nice, but I had been warned that one would be a deeper tissue one and therefore would hurt more going in and swell more later on. So I held Molly's arms and braced for both of us. I saw her flinch as the first shot went in, then as the second went in she yelled at me... and that was it. No crying fit, no inconsolable child. I barely knew how to react! I'm not sure who this tough cookie is, but I love her something fierce and couldn't be prouder of the stellar child she is quickly growing up to be.

My big girl (who is in fact wearing her diaper, although the cup is cleverly placed right in front of it)

No comments:

Post a Comment