Sunday, March 25, 2012

Dinner Theater

Today was another day of ups and downs. Not sure what's been in the air but these girls have been off the charts with their energy levels. I even gave myself a time out of sorts, escaping to Target for about an hour just to prevent myself from going stark raving mad. (Very grateful to Ben for allowing me to escape and take over the task of wrangling the crazy kiddos.)

Dinner, however, seemed a short reprieve from the chaos. Jocelyn and Molly were playing with each other, guffawing uncontrollably. Ava and Ben resorted to playing the Quiet Game, which provided just over 15 minutes of much-needed silence from at least half of the table. It was still not serene by any stretch, and I still wonder when exactly my house turned into such a zoo, but at least for a short time today we were all 5 in the same space enjoying each other's company. I hope these are the memories that my children remember in the years to come - crazy, loud, chaos full of laughs and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment